What better time than now to publish a post for the Sunshine Blogger Award than now! I have been in a bit of a funk for this week about things-that-shall-not-be-named because I really would rather not get into that mess. There’s no question there will always going to be something putting a damper on me. Instead, I will focus on doing what I can to move ahead despite being unhappy about aspects of life. And one of these things is this post which is about nothing but good things. 🙂 Thank you to my blogger pals Andrea and Gallantly, gal for nominating me! Also, as a small side note, I tried hard to track down the origin of who made the award logo which I used here but was unable to find anything. 😦 I would have liked to credit the graphic designer if possible.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
- Answer the questions the selector asks of you.
- Nominate bloggers you want to give the award to.
- Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own.
- Notify your nominees and display the rules and The Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
- Where do you live and what’s the best the thing about the area where you live? I live in a neighborhood on the south side of Brooklyn, New York. It’s pretty accessible in terms of almost everything being in walking distance of my home. The subway station, the dollar store, markets, restaurants, the library, post office, shopping mall, etc.
- Name 1 thing most people wouldn’t expect from you. That I read fanfiction. And no, I’m not going to say which shows or movies because I don’t want to get into those details! XD
- What is the first movie you have ever seen? It’s hard to remember, honestly, but I think it was the 1995 Power Rangers movie on VHS though I don’t have any recollection of the movie plot.
- On a first date, do you prefer to go to the cinema, or watch a movie at home? Cinema! There is no way I’m bringing a date home where it would be SO unromantic with my parents (who are my housemates) hovering nearby. No thanks lol.
- What gives you inspiration for your blogs? Sometimes myself, sometimes other people, or even things I read or think about that make me say, “Hey, that could be something worth writing about in a post.”
- Do you rather take your own revenge or let karma do it for you? Karma because I’m a believer that people always get what they deserve in mysterious ways.
Gallantly, gal’s Questions
- What’s the one thing you wish your blog does for your readers? Show them that I’m a flawed human being.
- If you were to write a novel, what would the genre be? Most likely fiction.
- What’s your morning routine? Uhhhhhh, I don’t know if I have one, lol. Generally I wake up anywhere between 7 AM and 9 AM and depending on my plans for the day, I might eat breakfast right away or not at all until closer to somewhere between 10 AM to noon. The first thing I do after getting up is pulling open my curtains to let the light in. Some mornings I exercise in my room for about an hour or more and I usually do this while watching stuff on Netflix. The time goes by a lot faster if I’m moving and semi-distracted by a show at the same time.
- What’s your night routine? Brush my teeth, dim my room lights, and close the curtains. Boring and simple.
- Which Marvel superhero is your favorite, and why? I don’t have one. 😦 I haven’t gotten to know any of the Marvel superheroes well enough to pick a favorite.
- What’s the #1 thing on your bucket list? To be content with myself, regardless of whether I achieve the goals I want to achieve or not.
- If you could go traveling right now at no cost, where would you go and what’s the first thing you’d do there? London, where I’d check into my high-class hotel room and roll on the fresh bed sheets because I can. 😀
- What motivational quote will you base your day on today? “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt (Even though I feel slow as heck and as if I didn’t start having new thoughts until halfway through today, but hey, I’m getting somewhere. XD)
- How accurate do you think your Zodiac sign is for you? Somewhat accurate, but only because whoever writes it must be good at guessing.
- If you could open up a store right now, what stuff would you sell in it? Custom-made buttons with designs painted on them using nail polish.
- What would you say to your readers right now to make them smile? Just remember that everyone farts at some point, no matter how intimidating they seem. LOL.
I nominated these blogs because they’re the ones I gravitate towards when I’m needing a pinch of positivity. None of my nominees are obligated to participate if they don’t want to. 🙂
- Miss Steer
- from dust of the earth
- Melissa Blue Fine Art
- Create Space
- Defining Yellow
Questions 4 My Nominees
- What’s one happy thing you dreamed about that actually came true?
- What’s the silliest nickname you have had for someone (whether the person knew about it or not)?
- Name a song that can immediately put you in a good mood.
- Have you ever laughed at something a stranger said which wasn’t intended for you? (Such as, the person wasn’t talking to you but you overheard what was said and reacted to it.)
- After a long day, what’s the first thing you do when you return home?
- What sound is most soothing to you?
- Name one hobby you like doing by yourself and another hobby that you like doing with other people.
- What’s one new thing you saw or did today?
- How would you respond to a negative comment on your blog?
- What do you miss about the era you grew up in?
- Sum up your day with a lyric line from a song. 🙂