I would like to thank A Rambling Collective, Reina, and Andrea for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I am flattered and I’m grateful for the opportunity to answer your questions plus nominate other awesome blogs for this award too!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gave you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers, who deserve the award.
- Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer.
- Let them know they’ve been nominated.
11 Facts About Me
- I use my own homemade shampoo, which is a mixture of apple cider vinegar, cold tap water, and a few drops of peppermint oil (to help curb the strong vinegar smell).
- Three things I’d like to try someday: rock climbing, kayaking, and horseback riding.
- My favorite kind of shoes to wear are flip-flops.
- Although I grew up in a household where it was typical to use a Chinese spoon for drinking both hot and cold soups, I actually prefer using a silver rounded spoon. I never liked the raised edges of a Chinese spoon for some reason.
- I only have one pet now; a 1-year-old-ish goldfish named Koi. I had other goldfish but they all died. 😢
- I recently painted my nails for the first time in 10-ish years. 🙂
- I cannot stand centipedes. Their many legs never fail to scare the living daylights out of me!
- Brunch is my favorite style of eating.
- I use hair scrunchies a lot.
- I mostly go for the colors purple and blue when picking out clothes.
- It’s a weird habit but sometimes I turn on the A.C. in my room to drown out surrounding noise if it’s too loud for me to sleep.
A Rambling Collective’s Questions
- Which person, alive or dead, would you like to have dinner with? Anne Frank.
- Who did you last sing to? No one.
- What is your fondest memory of childhood? Randomly deciding to wear my ballerina dress at a barbecue at home.
- Which quality do you value most in a friendship? Patience.
- What is your favourite chocolate bar? Hershey’s.
- What are you saving up for? School, perhaps.
- What do you spend your money on? Clothes and books.
- Who do you miss? A childhood best friend.
- Do you prefer an armchair or sofa and why? Sofa so I can lay down on it.
- Would you be a life model for a class where someone knew you? Sure, why not.
- Do you eat noodles with chopsticks? Yes, always!
- Favourite quote? Robert Frost: “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
- Favourite pet? Lovebird.
- Pet peeves? Loud chewing, gossiping behind people’s backs, and dirty nails.
- Milkshake or Ice cream? Ice cream. 😬
- Meat or Fish? Meat.
- Religion? I have none.
- Introvert, Extrovert or Ambivert ? Introvert, definitely.
- Role Model or someone you look up to? I don’t have one at the moment.
- Favourite vacation spot. If you don’t have yet, where would you like to go ? Ireland or Scotland.
- Nationality ? I am American.
- Country of residence ? U.S.
- Why did you start blogging? To have a place to write down my thoughts in a way I could share them with the world.
- Are you happy with your life at the moment, or would you like to change something? I have moments of happiness but I would not say I am 100% content/happy with where I currently am in life. I would love to change the hesitancy I have in jumping into new situations.
- Do you remember the first blog you followed? Who was it? It was Deer Drama which is a site with episode recaps of various Chinese historical dramas. I started reading it to get spoilers for the jist of what goes on the storylines because the main killjoy of a lot of those dramas is they have an exceeding amount of episodes and I just do not have the patience to watch all of that.
- Do you believe in “Always be yourself”, or do you sometimes take an opportunity to play another role for just a short amount of time? I definitely have done my share of pretending in situations to appear more confident or relaxed. It’s hard to truly be myself sometimes when my nerves get the best of me.
- Do you think there are more men or women on WordPress? What about your followers? I think there are just as much men as there are women on WordPress. I would guess I have more female followers but I could be wrong.
- As what animal would you like to come back after death? A bird so I can know what it’s like to fly. It would be ironic too since I am terrified of heights.
My 11 Nominees
- Bella Photography – Has beautifully shot photos of still nature that really take my breath away. 🙂
- Artful Geet Creations – Mainly an arts & crafts blog with cute and gorgeous letter and envelope designs. Looking at Geet’s whimsical creations always puts me in a good mood!
- My Honest Recovery – Just as the blog title implies, it really is an honest look into the ups and downs of a person’s mental health. I enjoy reading this blog because it’s a realistic view of the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Chasing Unicorns – I love this blog for its posts where thought-provoking quotes are shared. The quotes really make me think about life!
- Heavenabovehorse – This blog captured my heart because it offers a look into farm life. Plus, lots of pictures of adorable animals. That’s always a plus in my book!
- howikilledbetty – This blog has an assortment of topics, not just about mental health but also about life and sometimes funny and interesting things. Give her blog a chance!
- The Lily Vine – I enjoy reading about the various cool and unique places this blogger has been to all over Montana. The photography is absolutely stunning and may motivate the reader into doing some traveling. 🙂
- mysociallyanxiousmind – While this blog is relatively new, I have been familiar with this blogger for a while now on Twitter where she tweets about social anxiety. It has helped me a great deal to follow along with someone who gets what it is like and now that she has a blog, I wanted to give thanks by nominating her here.
- Billy Mac – Also known as Superman. 😀 The blog had me hooked with its storytelling aspect drawn from real-life experiences.
- Originally Aboriginal – I love this blogger for her stories about college life, studying and traveling aboard, working in retail, and everything else in her unique perspective that is hers.
- From Hiding to Blogging – I’m a sucker for the quiet tranquility captured in photography, whether it’s a place, person, animal, or inanimate object. This blog contains an assortment of these things! 🙂
- Name one fictional character who you would love to work for and why.
- Pick one vegetable and one fruit to eat for the rest of your life.
- If you make a cure for any illness in the world, what would it be?
- What’s the first part of a person’s face you look at when you see someone for the first time?
- Which animal would you love to live as for a day?
- What’s a hated pet peeve you wish everyone in the world (yes, everyone) could stop doing permanently?
- Had you were born as the opposite gender, what do you think your name would have been?
- Pick between retiring and travel around the world without worrying about expenses, or spending the rest of your life working your dream job and doing what you love.
- Would you rather have a full year of sun or a full year of darkness 24/7 every day?
- If you could go back in time to witness (but not change) one historical event, what would it be?
- Imagine you have the ability to make a rainbow entirely one color. Which color would you choose?
To my nominees, please know that you don’t have to do a reply post if you don’t want to. 🙂 I nominated you guys because I truly like visiting and reading your blogs and just wanted to share your blog links. Also, if you do your own award post, you don’t have to use the same award picture I did as there are many to choose from. You can find a gallery of award pictures below at The Global Aussie’s blog.
Featured Image by The Global Aussie.