It’s Day 2 of the 3 Quotes, 1 Challenge prompt! Once again, much love and thanks to ispeakloudthoughts for nominating me.
• Thank the person who nominated you.
• Post a quote for three consecutive days (1 quote for each day).
• Nominate 3 different bloggers for each day.
Quote of the Day
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.
~ Charles Bukowski
I chose this quote because it had a dark humor to life in general. I take myself too seriously sometimes, which is partially due to how my mind is wired from a lifetime of anxiety problems. It really is true that with mental health, some days are worse or better than others. Sometimes I feel my anxiety problems make me a deficit and broken person. The reality is almost everyone has some type of problem in their lives. I think it is pretty much impossible for someone to be 100% mentally grounded with no issues, whether it’s insecurities or shyness or a pride complex or a bad temper. So I’m technically as crazy as the rest of the human population and I’m not alone in my struggles. I live the day-to-day experience where anxiety is not something I can just turn off permanently and almost everything has potential to trigger me, yet somehow I manage to look mostly “normal” as a societal criteria. The good part about being “crazy” is it has made more empathetic towards other people. It can be easy to judge someone really quickly based on first impressions but you never know what the person might be going through in their personal life.
- howikilledbetty – I really look up to you since you have so much more life experience than me, and you write so openly about anxiety/depression.
- awkward brown guy – You always write so well and sound so smart in your posts. I’ve learned so much from your writing by seeing things in your perspective. I’m not kidding lol. I also feel a kinship with you since we both come from Asian backgrounds and have similar experiences with anxiety.
- Aimee’s Musings – You’re a sweetheart and I’ve liked your blog from the first post of yours I ever read! I enjoy reading about your interests and the things you share about your life.
Note: For my own personal preference, I would like to say that my nominees aren’t obligated to do the challenge if they don’t want to. I just nominated you guys because I genuinely like visiting/reading your blogs, haha. So no pressure from me to you. 🙂